Re: [icon-users] Invalid record number

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:10:31 +0100

> I've received a Word (.doc) file which fails to open in EW/TW
> "because: Internal error (invalid record number)". The document opens
> in OpenOffice.org. Is anyone else getting this problem?

I have occasionally had it.  It repeatedly happens from one source.
Looking back over those documents, the error started with the change from
Word 8 to Word 10.  OTOH, one of the Word 10 documents from that source
does open, so it's not an absolute correlation.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk