[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:49:54 +0200 CEST

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> The original point of this discussion was that it *is*
> possible to rotate the JPEG in its encoded format,
> and that ShowImage should do just that.

Oh, my bad. I thought we were talking "BeOS-lossless"
rather than "lossless-lossless".

> we can special case the so commonly used JPEG and
> solve the original problem for most users

Yes, why not.

Will people be able to understand and accept that ShowImage
works differently depending on data format and filesystem,
or will they be confused and annoyed?

No harm as long as no data is lost, people are not annoyed
by confusing menus or unnecessary warnings, and the app
carries out the commands of the user in a predictable way.

/Jonas.