[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:02:17 +0200 CEST

Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>:

> Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > Ok, propose a more feature complete image viewer is supposed to be
> > a third
> > party opportunity. Suppose you were that third party. Wouldn't you
> > take
> > ShowImage and improve it? So what, then we have Haiku ShowImage and
> > ShowImage++? That just doesn't make sense to me. If I want to
> > remove red
> > eyes, ok, I fire up WonderBrush, also if I want to retouch a foto.
> > But we
> > were only talking about lossless rotation! :-)
>
> I find it ridiculous that the average user has to fire up a monster
> imaging application like Photoshop, GIMP, or WonderBrush to get *
> simple*
> tasks like "extract", "resize", "sharpen", "change contrast", "remove
> red eyes" done. There is a huge gap between simple image viewers and
> image processors.

Ahh, back to the discussion about "Data" and "Commands" which you can
apply on Data. And if Command cannot be applied to Data, a Filter will
take care of that.  Want to touch up a foto? Fine, just select the
parts you want to fix, and select your command from the drop-down list.
Want to have something to remove red eyes? No problem, have a developer
write a new Command for you, drop it in a folder and presto -- all apps
can now do that. In fact, there wouldn't be applications anymore, just
Data and Commands.

Oh, BeOS would've been the perfect playing ground for THE...

-- Mikael
"hi i'm 14 and i have a lisp please help!!!  when i try to make
 s-expressions they come out as f-expressions and everybody at school
 laughs at me :("                                          -- unknown