[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:34:10 +0200

Fredrik Holmqvist wrote:

Maybe a tracker-addon that rotates jpeg-images, and make ShowImage aware of when a file changes on disk?

Seriously, don't we have more important add-ons that should clutter Tracker's context menu? This would be a rather unimportant plugin that does the same thing that ShowImage should actually be responsible for.

I am already overwhelmed enough by the number of entries shown in Tracker's context menu...Could we not remove "Icon View", "Mini Icon View", "List View", "Resize To Fit", "Open Parent", and "Close" from the context menu? They already exist in the menu bar. The context menu should focus on file operations, not window operations. I'm also not very happy about having "Move to", "Copy to", "Create Link", "Cut", and "Copy" in the menu. They all do basically the same thing. One feature set should definitely be removed from the context menu. I guess that "Move to", etc., are more intuitive and useful, so let's remove "Cut" and "Copy". Still, the "File" menu stays overloaded...maybe it's time for an "Edit" menu?
I can change that if nobody is against it (or faster than me ;).

Bye,
Waldemar