[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:17:03 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Mikael Jansson (mailing lists) wrote:
Moving the opened window is great, but not opening it twice. Is that something there's code for, or is it completely removed?
Good, let's do it with the next Tracker release. ;)
Also, what about removing "Cut", "Copy", "Paste" altogether and only keeping the key combinations? Also, I'd like ALT+C to also add a string (list of selected files) to the clipboard, so I can paste them into a text file. ;)
Axel, I'll try to find time for it this weekend. If you're not against it, I will also remove "Cut", etc., from the menus (but keep the shortcuts).

I thought about that, too, but I didn't come to a conclusion yet :-)
Fact is, if you're not that good with the mouse, using drag&drop can just be too much. Now, if you also don't easily reach a keyboard (ie. let's say your one-armed and would need to switch from mouse to keyboard - how annoying is that?), you'd be very glad to find those in the menu. I wouldn't mind if the context menu would differ from the window menu in that regard, though.

I've left the "File" menu untouched, for now. But I think/hope that "Copy to..." is sufficient even for people with disabilities (actually, Haiku is not good at all when it comes to accessibility).

What about that: ENTER (or double-click) opens a new window and automatically closes the old one. The best of both worlds. Clean and intuitive. :)

That's definitely not what I'd expect.

And it definitely was not meant seriously (see the smiley ;).

Bye,
Waldemar