[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:53:39 +0200 CEST

Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mikael Jansson (mailing lists) wrote:
> > Moving the opened window is great, but not opening it twice.  Is
> > that
> > something there's code for, or is it completely removed?
> Good, let's do it with the next Tracker release. ;)
> Also, what about removing "Cut", "Copy", "Paste" altogether and only
> keeping the key combinations? Also, I'd like ALT+C to also add a
> string
> (list of selected files) to the clipboard, so I can paste them into a
> text file. ;)
> Axel, I'll try to find time for it this weekend. If you're not
> against
> it, I will also remove "Cut", etc., from the menus (but keep the
> shortcuts).

I thought about that, too, but I didn't come to a conclusion yet :-)
Fact is, if you're not that good with the mouse, using drag&drop can
just be too much. Now, if you also don't easily reach a keyboard (ie.
let's say your one-armed and would need to switch from mouse to
keyboard - how annoying is that?), you'd be very glad to find those in
the menu. I wouldn't mind if the context menu would differ from the
window menu in that regard, though.

> What about that: ENTER (or double-click) opens a new window and
> automatically closes the old one. The best of both worlds. Clean and
> intuitive. :)

That's definitely not what I'd expect.

Bye,
   Axel.