[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:51:23 +0100

Truls Becken wrote:
> Jorge G. Mare wrote:
>
>> Here is one more iteration of the CD artwork:
>>
>> http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-04-22_haiku-r1a2-cd.png
>
> Around the first alpha, there was a suggestion to increase the number of
> ladybugs in the logo for each release leading up to the final R1. Just in
> case people forgot about that idea, I mention it now. The discussion was
> about the desktop wallpaper, but maybe it could also apply to the Installer
> and CD artwork?

Surely we should have started with x bugs (where x is number of
alpha/betas) and reduce them by one each release... :)

btw I hope Zumi's guess based on his stamp PDF of x = 18 (9 alphas and 9
betas) turns out to be an overestimate!

I like the second iteration, Koki. Still not sure on the position of the
stamp. Reading top-to-bottom and left to right and it reads as "[alpha 2
] Haiku, Release 1/Alpha 2". The first alpha's CD read correctly in that
respect ("Haiku, Release 1 [alpha 1]").

Simon