[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: Marcos Alves <retrojogos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:32:22 +0100

Heh, since my idea of changing background colors wasn't really accepted (for
some good reasons, I admit), here are two more cents from me.

What about centering vertically the

Installation CD
For Intel-based computers

and the

R1 alpha 2 release
for testing and development only

lines so that they look more like:

--------Installation CD
For Intel-based computers

----------R1 alpha 2 release
for testing and development only

(dashes added because i have no idea if the spaces at the begging would be
trimmed or not.)

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 20:55, Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > Here is a rough low-res mockup of the CD artwork updated for R1A2:
> >
> > http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-04-haiku-r1a2-cd.png
>
> Suggestions:
> 1) Live & Installation CD
> 2) Capitalize Alpha
> 3) change Intel compatible computers to 586 or better computer
> 4) Write Operating System on the CD somewhere, probably under
> HAIKU
>
> Add term Live because I believe this will also be a Live CD.

If it's gonna be a Live and Installation CD then I also think there should
be a mention somewhere.

Capitalize Alpha because I think it will go better.  When final is out
> will it be called Release 1 or release 1.  If Release 1, then should also
> keep naming convention & go Alpha 2, etc.

+1

> I would not use Intel compatible because x86 CPUs are made
> by AMD and VIA too.   Sounds exclusive to Intel.  Better to go with
> the instruction set for describing compatible hardware, ie:
> 586 (Pentium Compatible or better system) or maybe list
> minimum requirements instead.

Most people (apart from techies, geeks, nerds and similar... have no idea
what a 586 is.

Minimum (System) Requirements
> 586 (Pentium Compatible) CPU
> 128 MB RAM
> 600 MB Disk Space
>
> We know Haiku is an operating system but others from Linux &
> Windows may not know this.  Good to write it on the CD too.

I believe this will cram up the label with mostly unnecessary stuff.

--
Cumprimentos / Best Regards
Marcos Alves