[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:53:05 -0400

> The green background does not look bad, particularly the darker green which
> provides a better contrast for the logo and the white text. :)
>

> That being said, uniformity of color throughout all artwork (website,
> flier, sticker, CDs, etc.) is important (essential) from the POV of
> reinforcing the brand and increasing brand equity, so personally I would
> prefer not go down the road of changing background colors, particularly
> given that both the [ALPHA 2] stamp and the "R1 alpha 2 release" text are
> prominent enough to make the different versions easily distinguishable.

No problem. :) I just wanted to see what it would look like after reading
Marcos' suggestion and thought I'd share in case anyone else liked the idea
too.

I guess I didn't realize that the background color being specifically the
dark blue was a(n important) part of the brand, but I can see where if
you're establishing that as an extension of the official site it would be
(the over-all look and colors matching the site, not just the logo itself).

--
"You don't use science to show you're right, you use science to become
right." --xkcd