[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: Matthew Veety <mveety@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:16:50 -0400

On Apr 21, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Ivan Vodopiviz <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Fredrik Holmqvist
<fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2010/4/20 Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
IMHO, having a strong
brand is more important to the project. What do you think?

+1 to that. But I'd also like to see some variations though. Google is
quite good example with their ever changing logo image.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH

IMHO, branding changes should be reserved for big changes in the
product that brand represents, not a minor iteration in the
development process. I know that alpha 2 will bring major enhancements
over alpha 1 and I have no doubt that a lot of code got revised, fixed
or even rewritten. But closer or farther, we're still talking about R1
and not a groundbreaking update to an already established "product".

But maybe I'm taking this way too seriously.

--
Iván Vodopiviz

I'm tending to agree with Iván on this. R1 is not yet released yet so I do not think that we should have branding changes until the release of R2 because that will bring major changes to the codebase.

Matthew Veety