[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:33:34 -0700

Hi Humdinger,

Humdinger wrote:
-- Michele Frau, on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:05:36 +0200:
A quick draft based on the previous CD, HAIKU logo is obviously wrong
http://i42.tinypic.com/2dqtyfp.png

Nice!
In general, I'm all for having a bit more fun and changing designs for our alpha release CDs. We are a geek project and at least until R1, we can suspend our strict adherence to our CI when celebrating another milestone.

Sticking to the same visuals is definitely on the boring side. But not sticking to a common theme and color scheme throughout is a sure formula for a weakened visual identity and brand, especially if you change so often from one development milestone to the next.

I guess the question to ask ourselves here is this: what is more important for Haiku, to be playful or to have a strong brand? IMHO, having a strong brand is more important to the project. What do you think?

All being said, I love Zumi's design. It is so much more creative! Perhaps if the design used the dark blue background gradient (and white text) instead, it would fit more within our current theme and color scheme, so it could be used. Can you try that Zumi?

Cheers,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net