[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:13:57 -0600

> A quick draft based on the previous CD, HAIKU logo is obviously wrong
> http://i42.tinypic.com/2dqtyfp.png
>
> Regards,
> zuMi

I like the text and layout for your CD cover.  With a few changes I believeit
could be made slightly better.
That Haiku logo is different and I actually like it.
Suggested Changes:
1) x86 to either a) 586, b) Pentium or c) Pentium (586)ie: Pentium (586)
compatible computers
Haiku only runs on 586 or better systems.  In case someone tries to tossthe CD
into their 386 to run it. :-)
2)  Hard to read text under alpha stamp.  Move alpha stamp somewhereelse.
Maybe closer to Haiku Logo or Operating System?
3)  Use yellow or orange color for R1A2 on right side of CD.  Prefer onecolor
for this term for uniformity.
The rest looked good.  I was not that excited about the light blue with white
star background but after a little time got used to it and is different.You
took a more fun approach compared to one that is serious and stilllooks good.
I think Jorge's design is good too but have a stronger liking for yours because
the text & layout appeals to me more.

Regards,

Got a phone? Get Hotmail & Messenger for mobile!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724464