[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:45:24 -0700

Howdy,

Matt Madia wrote:
Seeing that the sales of R1 Alpha 1 CDs via CafePress raised
substantial money, it'd be good to do it again.
(roughly $1,200 USD / 80 discs)

For reference, here is the design used on R1A1 :
http://images5.cafepress.com/image/35727875_400x400.jpg

Template provided by CafePress:
http://members.cafepress.com/content/help/img/templates/93_cd_disc.jpg

Image Guidelines
Size:   5.25" x 5.25" for full bleed, printable area 4.625" x 4.625"
DPI:    200-300 (200 recommended)

Here is a rough low-res mockup of the CD artwork updated for R1A2:

http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-04-haiku-r1a2-cd.png

Compared to the R1A1 CD, this mockup has the following changes:

- No OPERATING SYSTEM beneath the logo
- Glow added to the logo (same as in the new flier)
- Version info moved so that the logo could be larger
- Non-warranty disclaimer added to the small print

Feedback is welcome. Eventually, if you decide to use this for the R1A2 CD, give me a shout and I will provide the CafePress-specific file. If you prefer, I can also add the artwork to Cafepress myself, like I did for alpha 1. Whatever works best for you.

Cheers,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net