[openbeos] Re: On the new Haiku website

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:44:36 -0700

On 8/17/06, Mathew Schofield <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

IMHO, haiku-community.org/net is far too long -- this will just annoy people.
I think something like haiku-users.org/net is better. haiku-users could contain
all of the user stuff like stated, and the haiku-os.org site could be more
professional, as i do see Haiku wanting support from both users and
big corporations...

To re-iterate:
If you guys get another domain, i vote it's haiku-users.net/org!

I disagree about it being long and annoying. As long as it's easy to remember and people can spell it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Most browser support auto-complete now, so a user should only have to
type a few characters and use the arrow key to select their website
(at least, this is my experience).  Also, I suspect there may be a
direct link from haiku-os.org to the community site reducing how many
website a user will need to remember anyway.

"Users" isn't exactly representative - and doesn't really make you
feel like you're part of something.  I like the term "Community" much
better than "Users".