[openbeos] Re: On the new Haiku website

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:49:50 +0200

On 8/17/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Miguel Zúñiga <mzuniga@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2006/8/17, Niels Reedijk
> > I'm not very knowledgable on' wikis, but there must be a way to get
> > 'snapshot' from the web and include that in the package as
> > documentation.
> In our stage, i also think the Wiki is better. It applies for Doc
> format,
> Hosting,
> and Submit policy. When the documentation gets more robust, we can
> translate, then modify it in the DocBook format.

I beg to differ. I think the docs have to be in our subversion
repository, and they also should be in DocBook format, so that we can
easily squeeze them to any format we desire (HTML, PDF, ...). It should
just be a build option to include the docs in HTML format, for example.

A foreign repos would probably work much better because it could be more open to new contributors. And with SVN we could use svn:external to integrate that repos into ours, so it's still possible to have such a build option (OTOH, it's not such a big problem to grab the other repos, separately).

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald