[openbeos] Re: On the new Haiku website

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:25:35 +0200 CEST

Miguel Zúñiga <mzuniga@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2006/8/17, Niels Reedijk
> > I'm not very knowledgable on' wikis, but there must be a way to get
> > 'snapshot' from the web and include that in the package as
> > documentation.
> In our stage, i also think the Wiki is better. It applies for Doc
> format,
> Hosting,
> and Submit policy. When the documentation gets more robust, we can
> translate, then modify it in the DocBook format.

I beg to differ. I think the docs have to be in our subversion
repository, and they also should be in DocBook format, so that we can
easily squeeze them to any format we desire (HTML, PDF, ...). It should
just be a build option to include the docs in HTML format, for example.

It's really no big thing getting used to version control, and it makes
the whole process much better controlled and productive. The last
documentation team was a desaster from my POV, and I certainly don't
want to repeat that again. We absolutely need good documentation, and
it has to be written in a controlled and professional process.

Bye,
   Axel.