[openbeos] Re: On the new Haiku website

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:26:09 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/17/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I beg to differ. I think the docs have to be in our subversion
> > repository, and they also should be in DocBook format, so that we
> > can
> > easily squeeze them to any format we desire (HTML, PDF, ...). It
> > should
> > just be a build option to include the docs in HTML format, for
> > example.
> A foreign repos would probably work much better because it could be
> more open to new contributors. And with SVN we could use svn:external
> to integrate that repos into ours, so it's still possible to have
> such
> a build option (OTOH, it's not such a big problem to grab the other
> repos, separately).

I wouldn't mind a foreign repository either, but you can always have
per user permission management in SVN, so we can just be as open with
new contributors. Despite that, I wouldn't mind having a few core
people that get access and commit updates from others as well (if they
are okay).
I see no reasons why this shouldn't follow the same rules as with
general development; it's the same problem, just in a different
category.

Bye,
   Axel.