[openbeos] Re: FalterCon 2007 Permissions - Official Response

  • From: "Andrew McCall" <andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 17:58:30 +0100

Hi Oliver,

On 05/08/07, Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> please take a deep breath and reconsider. Your post is coming across pretty
> strong and I personally believe that it has left the path of constructive
> discussion.

Thats exactly what it was intending to do, I wasn't trying to force my
opinions on others, and I wasn't trying to set the situation on fire.

> Yeah, have you noticed that your last sentence is asking *others* (not
> yourself) to get that community sorted? Do you happen to have a good recipe
> for that, so we can start executing?

It did make me realise this!  While I was quite active in the early
days of OpenBeOS, I have spent the last three years reading the
mailing list and giving feedback when asked for.  Thats it.  I was
never as a good a coder as Axel or yourself, so as I took on more
things in my "real life" I did less and less coding for Haiku to the
point where it took me longer to work out what I was supposed to be
doing that actually doing it.

But this entire discussion has made me realise that just because I am
not coding, it doesn't mean I can't do other things!  Right after I
sent that email I emailed Michael Phipps volunteering to get the Haiku
t-shits, mouse mats, mugs etc. all sorted.

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall
andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx