[openbeos] Re: FalterCon 2007 Permissions - Official Response

Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote (2007-08-05, 01:21:00 [+0200]):
> In the guidelines on the website, you clearly imply that it is possible
> to distribute demo CDs and VMWare images (pending approval).
>
> The stated reasons for your denial to our request are that "Haiku is not
> yet ready for public consumption and should not proactively be
> distributed" (sic). That's a clearcut assertion that you are not going to
> allow distribution of demo CDs or VMWare images no matter what.
>
> That's where the contradiction is.

Yes, you are right. Maybe we should remove this addition to the guidelines,
as you propose, until we think such promotional cds are more likely to give
a good impression.

Mind you, the addition to the guidelines was put there "in a hurry" if I
remember correctly. Maybe the consequences were not clear to all.

Best regards,
-Stephan