[openbeos] Re: FalterCon 2007 Permissions - Official Response

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 16:59:40 +0200

Hi Meanwhile,

Meanwhile - wrote (2007-08-05, 16:13:08 [+0200]):

> 0.02 cents:
[8<]

> I'm convinced that the lack of a demo CD now will not lead to "lazy"
> geeks present at the Haiku booth forgetting about Haiku's existence,
> especially seeing that Haiku already is getting a decent amount of
> attention in geek media.
>
> Nor will this group avoid Haiku just because there were no CD's being
> handed out at this gathering.

I think you are getting to the essence of this disagreement. One group is
convinced that their effort in promoting Haiku in the way they thought out
might lead to the recrution of new developers. While the other group is
rather convinced that it won't help in this form. Either group can't
_prove_ the other one wrong, so I think the admins held on to a "hard fact"
in the end, which is that Haiku is, in their eyes, not yet ready to be
handed out to people (or Linux developers/fans in this instance).

Best regards,
-Stephan