[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:24:19 -0400

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, now for some git questions (before I go and make a mess of things)...
>
> What are the correct steps to take to check out the r1alpha4 branch
> using git and what are the steps to commit changes.

You have all you need already if you pulled recently. Just do git
checkout r1alpha4 in your Haiku source. There is no reason to download
another copy like in the past with Subversion.

Please read this:

http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Branching-Basic-Branching-and-Merging

> Are we committing to master or to the branch?

Commit changes which go to both to master, then merge into r1alpha4.
If the change is only for the alpha, then only commit them to
r1alpha4, like I did with the version changes.

> If we check out a branch can the commits even go to master?

You can freely switch between them within one copy of the Haiku
source, but commits go into whatever branch you currently have checked
out.

> I assume we are adding the +r1alpha4 to the commit message as in the past?

I think only Matt has done that so far, but that is fine. Otherwise I
will use my discretion as to what I merge.

--
Regards,
Ryan