[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 16:06:31 +0100

Hi,

Von: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
> Stephan Aßmus - 2009-03-03 10:30 :
> > Anyways, MediaPlayer would be a (the only?) other candidate, and that
> > one already implements the shortcut. Though it's Ctrl-Enter if you
> > switched the command key...
>
> Is it possible to get at the raw keycodes (i.e. keyboard scancodes)? By
> checking those, one could act on the actual Alt key. I checked the BeBook,
> but I didn't find anything which would indicate raw support; all the key
> codes in the API seem to be "cooked".

Inside the BView::KeyDown() hook, get the current BMessage that triggered the
hook function in the first place, like so:

BMessage* currentMessage = Window()->CurrentMessage();
currentMessage->PrintToStream();

This will tell what's inside the message, and the raw key code is still there.
I think it's the "key" or even "raw" field. Don't remember. I think in the
BeBook, this is indeed explained somewhere, but it may have been an
introductory paragraph on handling key messages or some such. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
-Stephan