[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:46:38 +0100

Ingo Weinhold schrieb:
On 2009-02-27 at 21:30:23 [+0100], Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
Christian Packmann schrieb:
- Cursor keys for file navigation:
They are already used for moving the image, and I'd like to keep this
behavior, otherwise keyboard usability would be greatly reduced. When
working on laptops, I am glad about every keyboard control I have.

But maybe use the numeric keypad? The keys aren't needed for input, so
one could use them. OTOH this also break usability on laptops, as using
keypad keys is very cumbersome.
I think the by far most common use case will be navigating through a
list of images (which will be fitted to the window most likely, so no
need to scroll). I would love the cursor keys to be repurposed for this.

Maybe I have dreamt that, but didn't Command+Cursor-Up/Down show the previous/next file?

They do. But without Command key it would be much more convenient. And I don't think any of my non-geek relatives and friends would try that combo. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan