[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:42:02 +0100

Humdinger schrieb:
Gabriele Biffi wrote:
I like to use the scroll whell to zoom in/out images by default, and use a modifier key to scroll up/down.

Make it configurable? :-)

Please don't and let's find a reasonable standard behaviour. Having settings for every taste is the road to config hell.

That said, I'm with Gabriele. Personally, I usually have the "fit to window" option activated and therefore scrolling is not the most commonly done thing.

I don't know the current behaviour, but it'd be nice ShowImage would zoom always onto the mouse pointer.

It could also be argued that the rectangle selecting isn't a much used feature. If it's not, it may make more sense to be able to grab an image to move around with the left mouse button instead.

You could have:
LMB - moving an image
MMB and mouse wheel - zooming
RMB - selecting

+1 on all accounts, MMB should be used for moving as well, but that's personal preference because WonderBrush works the same. ;-)

-Stephan