[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonas Sundström wrote:
> > (The exact opposite to how BePDF and WonderBrush work.
>
> I disagree. Respectfully. :)
>
> I think BePDF and WonderBrush got it right. It feels
> natural to me to scroll up to zoom in. I guess that's
> because the mouse sits perpendicular to the monitor.
> Scrolling forward on the mouse scrolls toward the
> monitor and is therefore nearer. If we get an
> alternative to zoom without a scrollwheel (modifier +
> mousemove) I also think moving the mouse forward
> should move in.
>
> My 2 cents.

I guess a person's preference in this depends a lot on
what one is used to.

I know I've made my point, but here's a little more. :P

If I would have some physical object representing
something on-screen, I think it would be both logical
and intuitive for the object on screen to move as the
physical object.

Now that I think of it, "normal" scrolling works backwards
too, from this point of view. (If the screen is seen as
the plane on which the mouse moves, and the finger is
seen as moving the "paper" by friction. Ancient discussion
I suppose!)

/Jonas.