[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:50:37 +0100

Christian Packmann wrote:
Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Christian Packmann schrieb:
I don't know if this would be easy to change, its coded in an unintuitive way (IMHO). I need to look at the code more to see if there's an easy solution. Assuming that nobody wants to keep the current behavior. :-)

Would be awesome if you could figure that one out.

It should actually be doable without too much work. What are the votes on "zoom-to-center" and "zoom-to-mouse"?

I vote for zoom to mouse.

MMB already performs moving - but I only realized after posting the patch
LMB selects a region
RMB over an unselected region puts up a menu
RMB over a selected region allows moving the region

I'd actually leave the mouse buttons as they are to leave RMB for menus,
and just change the mousewheel default behavior to zoom. Scrolling by wheel could be removed, or made secondary behavior of the mousewheel when modifier keys are held down.

Sounds good.

Okay, then I'll implement it this way. However, which modifier keys for moving?

What about a "Tool" option somewhere so I can choose what to do with the left button (pan, select or move selection)? Most viewers have this.

And some more keyboard navigation issues:
I'd like to have <PageDown> and <PageUp> for Next/Previous image; many viewers on Windows work that way, and I've gotten very used to it. This allows one-handed navigation, which isn't doable with the current <Alt>+<Down>/<Up>.
The code change is trivial, already implemented in my version.

And the thumbnails list should be hideable, scrollable, etc :-)

Regards,

Gabriele