[haiku-development] Re: ShowImage patch

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:48:11 +0100

Christian Packmann schrieb:
I don't know the current behaviour, but it'd be nice ShowImage would zoom always onto the mouse pointer.

I would also prefer that, or at least zoom to the image center. Right now it zooms to the scrollbars leftmost/topmost position, which is really terrible. I don't know if this would be easy to change, its coded in an unintuitive way (IMHO). I need to look at the code more to see if there's an easy solution. Assuming that nobody wants to keep the current behavior. :-)

Would be awesome if you could figure that one out.

MMB already performs moving - but I only realized after posting the patch
LMB selects a region
RMB over an unselected region puts up a menu
RMB over a selected region allows moving the region

I'd actually leave the mouse buttons as they are to leave RMB for menus,
and just change the mousewheel default behavior to zoom. Scrolling by wheel could be removed, or made secondary behavior of the mousewheel when modifier keys are held down.

Sounds good.

Best regards,
-Stephan