[haiku-development] Re: Checking consistency of used strings

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:00:58 +0100

On 2009-12-03 at 09:35:13 [+0100], Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Also there is definitely a standard title case in American English,
> and it is pretty much what was mentioned (capitalize first and last
> word, and all major words.)

Funnily that doesn't match what Koki's "authoritative references" say (the
last word part). Not that Oxford is particularly American, but Random House
seems to be. Which kind of supports the point of the Wikipedia article I
quoted (that there is no standard title case).

What were the arguments against sentence case again?

CU, Ingo