[geocentrism] Re: Uranus

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 05:04:16 -0800 (PST)

Allen D

As Philip has said, this argument is not about Geo/Heliocentricity. It is about
mechanics. To emphasise this point, the main players are the Earth/Moon system
and the Sun/Uranus system. In both Geo and Helio scenarios, the Moon orbits the
Earth and Uranus orbits the Sun. (A proviso here is that the flavour of the Geo
scenario must be Tychonian, not Ptolemaic).

Definitions:

1. Revolve - the translation of a body about another -- usually rather more
massive -- body. Either one, the other, both or neither may be rotating and in
either direction. In fact, these two bodies actually revolve -- in a two body
system -- about their barycentre.

2. Rotate - the radial motion of a body about a line which passes through its
centre of gravity -- its axis.

3. Barycentre - that point on a line between the centres of gravity of the two
bodies, where the centre of gravity of the two body system is located.

In the Earth/Moon system, these two bodies revolve about their barycentre which
is in fact within the volume of the Earth. The centres of gravity and the
barycentre are in a straight line and lie on the plane of the orbit of the
Moon. The Moon's equator is inclined to the plane of it's orbit by ~6.7 deg
thus its axis of rotation is inclined to its orbital plane by ~83.3 deg.

In the Sun/Uranus system, these two bodies revolve about their barycentre which
again is well within the volume of its primary. Again the centres of gravity
and the barycentre are in a straight line and lie on the plane of the orbit of
Uranus. Uranus' axis of rotation is ~97.8 deg from vertical to its orbital
plane thus only ~(minus)7.8 deg from its orbital plane.

The difference between the angle of the Moon's axis of rotation and the plane
of its orbit, and between Uranus' rotation and the plane of its orbit, is close
to 90 deg, yet you insist that in each case there is a '... progressive radial
orientation to a common point.' The expression 'common point'
implicitly indicates that there are two or more entities involved eg rotation
about an axis and revolution (translation) about a point.

Far from your assertion that you answered my question specifically (let's be
honest Allen -- I can recall only a single occasion where you made a specific
statement, and this was not that occasion) I saw no answer. I ask you again --
where is the common point of rotation which holds true in each case and by
extension, in ALL cases? If there is a specific answer, an imbecile could do it
in ten words or less.
Paul D

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now
http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline