[geocentrism] Re: Integrity in science

  • From: Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:37:28 +0000

Dear Philip,
There are times when I wonder what God it is that you are talking about? It certainly isn't the one mentioned in the Bible. Your God just doesn't fit the Bible's description of Him.

God said He took 6 days but it is man who said He needed billions of years. I know who I believe! Your faith in man's genius is idolatrous, that's why God is likely to intervene! Man will never be able to do what God has done. Giving him more years to try and achieve this goal, will result in his own destruction - surely you can see that?

The nineteenth century (Darwin's century) produced the giants among scientists who gave us pretty much all the main laws of physics were nearly all God believing people, who gave God the glory for the things they uncovered. In 1864, 717 scientists signed a manifesto entitled 'The Declaration of Students of the Natural and Physical Sciences' affirming their confidence and scientific integrity of the Bible. Eighty six of the men were Fellows of the Royal Society.

A belief in God was their driving force. People like Robert Boyle, Carl Linnaeus, Leonard Euler, George Cuvier, Michael Faraday, Samuel Morse, Charles Babbage, Matthew Maury, James Joule, Louis Pastuer, Gregor Mendel, Lord Kelvin, Joseph Lister, James Clark Maxwell, John Fleming, George Washington Carver, The Wright Brothers, I could give you a further at least another 20. I wonder if any of them would be re-elected to the Royal Institute or even given a job if they came back today believing what they did?

Re-read what I said about the world being Christian and then you will understand what I meant. If science did progress along Christian lines then, humanity would have benefited far more than it has today.

Jack L

Jack said, Isn't it strange that man and all his technology cannot do what blind, random chances did! Give us time Jack.... Thats what nature had to make its stuff. I am sure the genius of man will eventually catch up.. thats when God might intervene, but that does not prove any need that God or religion has any part in actual physics. Thats a separate philosophy of theology. You want to make science Christian.. Well you should make the world of men outside of science Christian first.. So far not so good.. Phil of philosophy.