[geocentrism] Re: Integrity in science

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:25:03 -0800 (PST)

Regner,

  Whether there was a blueprint or not, who built the house? Obviously an
intelligent agent, not random chance.

  Your earlier assertion that life could have been started by god and then
began the long process of evolution, betrays the belief system that is a
requirement in the operation of modern science. IE... that all things can be
explained by natural causes, including origins. This is the starting point for
belief in the evolution of life, from simple to complex, or the evolution of
the cosmos, from clouds of gas to planets and stars. There is no evidence that
these things happen without invoking them as true first, which makes the
arguement circular and therefore baseless.

  JA....

Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Jack,

Of course there are problems - there are things we don't know yet.
Will you please allow science that. And remember; science is a method
for inquiry - it is not a set of facts.
Anyway, none of that has anything to do with the claim of yours
that I replied to, which was (paraphrased): "that without knowing HOW
life or the Universe started, the scientific theories of evolution and
big bang fall apart." That claim is wrong, and others have pointed
that out too. I think it was Paul who used the analogy of a house and
the blue-print for the house - the house will still stand, if the blue-
print was destroyed.

Regner

Quoting Jack Lewis :