[geocentrism] Re: Fruitless arguments

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:03:24 +0100

Dear Jack,

> Dear Mike,
> Do you know,I really did not expect anyone to reply, except perhaps Alan
> Griffin on the subject of abiogenesis. It's interesting nobody else has
> offered anything on this.

You challenged Alan on abiogenesis in response to his arguments
regarding the motion of the Earth.  A bit off topic don't you think.  If
you want to discuss evolution start a new thread and see who's interested.

> Your reply is exactly what I was talking about. What it amounted to was a
> lot of arm waving and just plain wrong.

You are the one doing all the arm waving.  You keep throwing every doubt
you have about accepted theories at us without any actual critique of
the theories except that they don't agree with your faith.  Any attempt
to address specific points is met by you with yet more vagueness and arm
waving.

>                                            Science is littered with personal
> biases, it, by necessity has to be, unless the scientists are not human! You
> proclaim that science is about constantly questioning and then you ridicule
> Neville for attacking that which, in your eyes is beyond attack! This is
> exactly what I'm about, starting from basics and questioning the
> unquestionable and one thing at a time.

Of course scientists are only human.  I have never attacked Neville for
questioning science, only for deciding what his conclusions are and then
"deriving them scientifically", throwing out the most basic assumptions
of geometry without any justification or alternative assumptions, and
using theories previously rejected by himself in support of his other
theories.  He may "know" the answers because of his faith but his
approach is not scientific.

> If I understand my own posting correctly, I was simply stating how I propose
> to conduct my own investigations in future and the reasons for it. So I'm
> not going to be drawn into fruitless exchanges anymore. So why don't you
> just sit back and wait for it, well at least from me anyway?

If I have caused you any offense I am sincerely sorry.  Being a devout
atheist (yes I know that theorectically it is just an article of faith
too) I find it difficult to have discussions with creationists without
it descending into ever more pointless and heated exchanges.  I came to
this forum because its purpose seemed to be to discuss scientific
evidence for geocentricity.  I'll try to stick to science if you do.

Regards,
Mike.