[geocentrism] Re: Fruitless arguments

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:49:35 +1000

Mike asks,
How you can talk about the "dogma" of science and the "evidence" in the
bible in one post is comletely beyond me.

Perhaps I mis read the question, but I see no anomaly.

"dogma" I mean the conventional theories as propounded in our physics books.
I accepted them dogmatically as more than just theories when I followed and
accepted Hoyle. I was being dogmatic about it. So I was wrong.
When I see a documentary or read a text and the scientist asserts , this
happened 60 million years ago, before man came out of the soup of the sea, I
flinch. He is being dogmatic. He is portraying his theory as IS. This is
fraudulent! An illusionist could do no better. We all believed dinosaurs
were reptiles, yet now we are told they are big kangaroos.

"Evidence" is not dogma. evidence is everything and anything true or false,
which may or may not be relevant till proven so or not so. I did not and do
not in this forum assert that the Bible is dogma. I merely say it cannot be
discounted in the evidence (information) it presents for consideration.
Solomon said, and Solomon was wise...  I likewise would suggest that we
should not ignore or discount the "evidence " presented in the writings of
the ancient Hindu Fakirs.That is where I really got tangled up in the
paranormal.

Cheers Phil.