[geocentrism] Re: Fruitless arguments

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:26:55 +0100

This is pure nonsense.  You try to scientifically validate your faith
and then deny the utility of science when your "proofs" are shown to be
wrong.

Philosophically everything is just faith.  Science is about what we can
know assuming our senses aren't just figments of our imagination.
Although many lay people may just take science on faith, scientists are
constantly questioning every aspect of science.  Scientists may get
entrenched into a certain paradigm but it is always up for shooting down
however divine it may seem (Newton obviously coming to mind here).

Science is about seeking truth however uncomfortable or unituitive that
truth may be.  What you do is not science.  You have blind faith, you
already "know" the answers and try to refute science that disagrees with
you and provide your own "science" to prove your faith (and often
relying on the very science you refute).

Regards,
Mike.