[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:30:58 +0100

On 03 Aug, Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If one is stationary with respect to another body, this is not being
> "immobile with respect to space."  Lets for the moment assume i am
> standing stationary in a train travelling 50 miles per hour. I am
> stationary with respect to the train, but I am not immobile. Are you
> purposely misconstruing what I thought I wrote quite clearly?

> What does your physics, of which I seem to be ignorant, take "Immobile
> with respect to space" mean?

        It was you who introduced the term. I've no idea what it means.

        If the alien were a light year from our sun, he could very easily
measure its velocity relative to himself, and adjust his own motion so
that the sun was stationary with respect to him. He would then get out his
time-lapse camera, and photograph the earth and all the planets for one of
our years, and bring us the video.

        Of course, if the sun were really moving about the earth, he would
detect this, because then he would remain staionary with respect to the
earth, and would see the sun going round it.

        Now I wonder what he would actually find????!!!!

        Alan

P.S. I hope you're not a science teacher!