[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:23:41 +0100

On 03 Aug, Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alan said, "There is no fabric. It's a figment of your fertile
> imagination."

> Thank you. It is indeed a compliment to be considered as having a
> fertile imagination. However this idea of a medium pemeating all "space"
> is not mine. Nor is the idea of four dimensional space/time. To deny the
> aether is rather difficult in light of the existance of magnetic fields
> # 1 and the wave characteristics of electromagnetic radiation. My use of
> the word "space" is not apt, as space is "nothing". I should say the
> aether permeates all of the material universe, not all space, unless one
> postulates that the created universe is infinite.

> Though one cannot materially perceive the aether, it is detected (radio
> propagation) , and its solidity may be analogous to the solidity of
> water to a bullet, or the atmosphere to a returning shuttle, or to the
> hydrogen density of  "empty space" between the stars to a body
> approaching the speed of light.

        I've snipped most of this to save wasting bandwidth. I have never
read such a load of totally unscientific "twaddle". The aether cannot be
detected because it doesn't exist. Radio waves do not need a medium, and
they travel through empty space.

        I am really amazed that anyone can nowadays believe such a
ridiculous theory as that the stars go round the earth every 24 hours. It
would be interesting to know how many of you are out there, and how old
you all are.

        Fortunately, when God created the universe, he also created
straightforward laws which govern it. The simplest explanation, which
answers all the questions, is that the earth and all the other planets go
round the sun, and it is then not necessary to invent all sorts of
unlikely rules to try to answer the obvious scientific questions which
arise from your theories.

        Alan Griffin