[geocentrism] Re: An off subject subject.

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:53:02 -0800

Marc,

My response in red:

-----Original Message-----
From: marc-veilleux@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:34:30 -0400

In the heliocentric scenario, the Moon moves eastward around 9 degrees daily (but we observe a westward motion of around 351 degrees daily); so (in the HC scenario) if the Earth would stop moving (rotating and revolving) the Moon would still moves only around 9 degrees daily; so this motion would not be very significant since it would be an angular motion of 4½ degrees for a period of 12 hours.

The Moon goes around in ~ 24h 50m, which means that the World needs 50 mins more than one rotation to lap the Moon in the GC system. The Moon is thus doing ~ 50/60 * 15 degs = 12.5 degs/day, not 9.

Secondly, I do not know why you limit this claimed miracle to half a day, but even at that, the Moon would go through 6.25 degs, or 12.5 times its own diameter, and in the opposite direction to normal.

It would quite simply reverse its direction and, for even half a day, that is very significant.

Neville.

Since Josue needed an extension of daylight in order to destroy the ennemies of the Israelites, the real question we should ask is : why stop the Moon also??  Stopping the Sun only should be enough!!
It seems that a possible reason was not disrupt the natural cycle of the team Sun/Moon (but this reason only applies to a geocentric universe because in an heliocentric universe the team Earth/Moon can't claim to be so important!

Marc V.