Re: [foxboro] P92 (Dell) HDD Backups

  • From: "Jones, Charles R. \(Chuck\)" <Chuck.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:30:55 -0400

That's a good point.  I could plan on a system reboot to coincide with
the disk swap (it is Microsoft, after all).  But, aren't server drives
made to be hot swapped?

Either way, the model still stands.  From the outside looking in,
mirroring the hard drives with hardware seems the easiest method to back
up the data.  With two back up drives, I could power down the system and
switch back up disks once a month--one on the shelf and one in the
machine.  And recovery would be easy, too.  I could just swap the
primary disk with the back up disk on the shelf...

I just don't know if the Invensys configuration would have a problem
with this solution.

Chuck Jones