Re: [foxboro] P92 (Dell) HDD Backups

  • From: "Jones, Charles R. \(Chuck\)" <Chuck.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:48:37 -0400

Does anyone use RAID level 1?  With the low cost of hard drives these
days, it seems this would be the easiest to implement.  Get a RAID
controller card, a hot-swappable drive bay and an extra drive (or two).
Set the controller card for RAID level 1.  Put the back up disk in and
let it update its mirror image overnight.  Take the drive out in the
morning.  Next week, put in the other back up drive.

We are considering a switch to Windows machines as we upgrade to new
equipment. That is why I offer a suggestion that works with a home
system.  I haven't tried it yet on a production system.  Does anyone
know a reason it wouldn't work?

Chuck Jones
Automation Technologist
Tate & Lyle -- Lafayette South Plant
765.477.5324 - Office  | 765.586.5290 - Cell