Re: [foxboro] P92 (Dell) HDD Backups

  • From: "Sieling, Marcel" <Marcel.Sieling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:26:40 -0400

Hi all,
>Does anyone know a reason it wouldn't work?

I'd never trust the data stored on a harddisk pulled out without shutting
down anything on a running windows system.

Be careful: "Hot swappable" means that the electricity involved (harddisk,
controller) does not get harmed by hot swapping disks. It does NOT mean data
consistence in swapping at arbitrary stages of the file system.

Best regards -

Marcel Sieling
Senior Application Consultant

Invensys Systems GmbH