[elky] Re: Trip

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:40:11 -0500

Ohio's roads were in much better condition than I expected.  65 mph speed
limit on Interstates, and the roads were fine at that speed.  55 mph on the
U.S. and state highways, which was also fine, considering they were usually
two-lane roads.  Still, I took a U.S. highway from Findlay to Sandusky, and
enjoyed the drive greatly.  Much more interesting than staying on the
Interstate, and no traffic to speak of, so I made good time at 55 mph.

The only significant deterioration I saw was some corrosion on a suspension
bridge over the Ohio River from Kentucky to Ohio, and the bridge was built
in 1896.  I would expect to see some corrosion.  It wasn't obviously in a
state of about-to-fall-apart, though.

For the Reds game, I parked in Covington, Kentucky for $3 and walked across
the bridge to the Great American Ballpark.  Dirt cheap compared to parking
downtown for an Astros game, and not much longer of a walk either.

If y'all ever get to ride on a Huey helicopter, sit in a machine gunner's
seat.  Just do it.  Trust me.  You will not fall out, and you will have no
sensation of falling out, and you will get a great view.

More to come later.