[elky] Re: Trip

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:10:43 -0500

Yes, the doing is why I don't enjoy the watching.. that and I was bored out
of my ever lovin mind in the 50's as a child being forced to watch slowdown
baseball on a black and white tv in my grandparents house in town where
there was nothing else to do. Which is probably why I understand the game,
but hate watching it.

I just want to see the final 10 laps of nascar, the final round of nhra, the
last 5 laps of formula 1, etc.

          Me too. I watch the start and the end.

Maybe if all the players changed positions like we used to do when playing
'workup', then it would be a lot more interesting- maybe.

Jim
Not a sportswatcher

I'm much less a Nascar fan now cause it's just like IROC. They all have the same cars etc.. They just follow each other around these days. At least IRL/CART or whatever they want to call themselves now and F1 and others have actual passing instead of a roundy round follow the leader and hope for a mistake or failure. I'd fall asleep in a Nascar car...

All the engineering competition of nascar has pretty much been weeded out and it's just a playschool version of what it was just to placate the viewing public and entertain them as bubba bo bob brain and billy jo bob argue with eachother instead of race. It's all driver image and ego while the racing takes a back seat to all of that.