[elky] Re: Trip

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:03:17 -0500

I keep mine at 78 and use ceiling fans.  I live in fear of my last
electricity bill because I realized when I got home that before the trip I
had temporarily set the thermostat at 76, and then forgot to change it
back.  My last electricity bill was over $145, and that's at a rate of 12.8
cents per KWh.  It takes a lot to cool a house down here when someone turns
up the sun.  Keep in mind, this is a relatively small house with the latest
radiant barrier, ridge vent, etc.  It all helps a lot, but I can't escape
the fact that it's hot, really hot.

On the plus side, my natural gas bill was only $27.  It'll go up to $60 or
so in the winter.

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223105306x1201716871/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D9)