[elky] Re: Trip

  • From: "Mary McCarthy" <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:03:02 -0700

don't they have a budget plan? I pay the same year round. Once a year they rebalance it and sometimes it goes up for the next year, and sometimes it goes down. but I know it's always going to be the same for a year.

I keep mine at 78 and use ceiling fans.  I live in fear of my last
electricity bill because I realized when I got home that before the trip I
had temporarily set the thermostat at 76, and then forgot to change it
back. My last electricity bill was over $145, and that's at a rate of 12.8 cents per KWh. It takes a lot to cool a house down here when someone turns up the sun. Keep in mind, this is a relatively small house with the latest
radiant barrier, ridge vent, etc.  It all helps a lot, but I can't escape
the fact that it's hot, really hot.

On the plus side, my natural gas bill was only $27.  It'll go up to $60 or
so in the winter.