[dokuwiki] Re: Cannot edit pages, only says Show Page

  • From: "sports tg" <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:24:15 +0000

On 12/11/06, Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 01:52:21 +0000
"sports tg" <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> Thanks for that. I host it myself. I did try and set the permissions
> for all the directories to 755 but then it comalined about not having
> rights for all of them so I set them back to 777.

You need to set permissions not only on the directories it self but
for the files within as well. The -R switch of the chmod command will
take care of this.

I tried a chmod -R 777 dokuwiki/data and on all the other sirectories
mentioned above too. But it still just says Show Page and not Edit Page.

Note that once I get down to the actual file (last node in the tree) I can
edit these pages. But I can't edit the containing pages to add another file
- to add another file I have to drop one into the directory. While on the
conataing page I do a search and creat page it create is at the top level
where the playground is. I have a hierarchy of files below this, how can i
create the new page in this hierarchy?

Thanks, Tom.