[dokuwiki] Cannot edit pages, only says Show Page

  • From: "sports tg" <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:41:25 +0000

I was having problems editing my pages and have done a number or reinstals
with the 11/06 version, trying to get this to work but it still always shows
"Show Page"
rather than Edit Page. Before the install.php will show properly I need to
set permissions for
conf,data,data/pages,data.attic,data/meta,data/media,data/cache,data/locks;
i'm not very linux bersant and did a chmod 777 on those folders. After
setting up acl and coping my files into the pages folder I still see show
page.

Running the check page, the non green entries are :

Consider upgrading PHP to 4.3.10 or higher for security reasons (your
version: 4.3.3)
mb_string extension not available - PHP only replacements will be used
Your current permission for this page is 255
The current page is not writable by the webserver
The current page is writable by you

I have not had much luck reading throught the archive. I would really
appreciate if someone could advice me.

Thanks a lot,

Tom.