[dokuwiki] Re: Cannot edit pages, only says Show Page

  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:09:57 +0100

sports tg schrieb:
Thanks for your further email Werner. I spent some time this evening...

Successful, as far as the operating system side is concerned. :-)

I can now get into my wiki, however in the index where playground, wiki and
My_folder are listed, it says Show Page. Same with my 2 branch levels and
then when I click on the file it says show pagesource (before I could edit
as this level, just not above).

Sorry this is still ongoing :-( Have a good weekend yourself.

Regards,

Tom.

OK, and http://tyk/dokuwiki/install.php does not complain that there are pages unwritable now? Then we can continue in DokuWiki.

Can you login to your wiki? If no, why not? If there is no login button, you have to enable ACL (see http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:login). If you can login, but still don't get "Edit" buttons, check your ACLs. It's a somewhat mysterious configuration... see http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:acl. Sometimes I think I understand it, but sometimes... aaargh! ;-) Maybe that's why it is located on 'splitbrain' ;-)

BTW, when your wiki config makes sense ;-) you will see an "Admin" button on the page after logging on. After clicking on it, you may use the "Configuration Settings" to check basic config, "User manager" for managing user accounts and "Access Control List Management" to modify the ACLs. When there is no "Admin" button, you should create a local.php as a copy of either local.php.dist or dokuwiki.php and at least change $conf['superuser'] to your wiki account. $conf['useacl'] must be set to 1 - a complete list of options can be found on http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:config. More details can be found all through http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki.

Good luck!
Werner