[dokuwiki] Re: Cannot edit pages, only says Show Page

  • From: "sports tg" <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:31:45 +0000

Thnaks Martin & Werner.

Sorry for the delay, I appreciate the mail.

Besides, "chmod 750 dokuwiki/data" sets the rights of the directory, not
for the contents of the directory. You have to enter "chmod -R 750
dokuwiki/data" to have the rights given recursively.

I tried this but still can't get into my wiki at all now.

your machine runs a web server to access your wiki through, right?

I have a lamp setup on my server with madrake. I found httpd.conf in
etc/httpd/conf and it had :

You need to know under which user id and group id this web server runs. The
"www" in
my example is the group the web server on my machine uses. On yours, it
may
be "wwwdata", "wwwrun", "daemon" or whatever. You have to find out, I
can't
from here ;-) When you have apache, you'll find one line beginning with
"User" and one line beginning with "Group" in httpd.conf (in fact, on my
suse 10.0 it's in /etc/apache2/uid.conf, which is included from httpd.conf
,
and the lines read "User wwwrun" and "Group www"). I do not know where to
look for in other web servers.

Then it's best to change the owner of whole dokuwiki subdirectory to
either
the web server's user and group (then you have to add yourself to the web
server's group) or your id plus the web server's group. This is done for
example via "chown -R tom.whatever dokuwiki" (when your web server runs
with group id whatever).

### Main Configuration Section
### You really shouldn't change these settings unless you're a guru
###
ServerType standalone
ServerRoot /etc/httpd
#ServerName localhost
#LockFile /etc/httpd/httpd.lock
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
ScoreBoardFile /etc/httpd/httpd.scoreboard
ErrorLog logs/error_log
LogLevel warn
ResourceConfig /dev/null
AccessConfig /dev/null
DocumentRoot /var/www/html

No Group/User entered there. Is there a way I can set them from the command
line? How do I know what to set them to?

Thanks a lot,

Tom.