[dokuwiki] Re: Cannot edit pages, only says Show Page

  • From: "sports tg" <sportstg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:40:35 +0000

Thanks for your further email Werner. I spent some time this evening...

On 23/11/06, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:

+ enter: find -L . -name "*.conf" | xargs grep -i "User "
+ enter: find -L . -name "*.conf" | xargs grep -i "Group "

-follow -name worked well. There was a bunch of vhost stuff but the
relevant bits semmed to be
./conf/commonhttpd.conf:User apache
./conf/commonhttpd.conf:Group apache
ls -l /var/www/html confirms apache is now the group and user for dukuwiki

When you got this info[*], you can go back (cd /var/www/html) and set the
right rights ;-):

I was not sure what you meant about checking for the user & grooup id for my
dist (mandrake 9.2 )

a) chown -R apache.apache dokuwiki
b) find dokuwiki -type d | xargs chmod 775
c) find dokuwiki -type f | xargs chmod 664
d) chmod 2775 dokuwiki

I did this. And redid it once I copied my hierarchy to  the pages directory
too.

When you log in as Admin and configure DW
(http://tyk/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start&do=admin&page=config), you will see
2 fields for directory and file rights. Set the directory rights to 0775
and the file rights to 0664.

Directory creation mode was 0755, changed to above
File creation mode was 0644, changed to above

Then, you can add your own user id to the group [foundgroup] by simplay
adding your id to the line in /etc/group that starts with [foundgroup].
After the next login, you will have write access to the files on os level
too.

In this fileI found :
apache:x:101:
and changed it to
apache:x:101:tom;

<<You unpacked dokuwiki, now the dokuwiki belongs to the user that unpacked
it. Unfortunately, this user seems to be not longer existent!? You see the
"1000" entries in the "ls -l" output - the value 1000 should be replaced by
the user's name (it should be shown with ls -n). Or do/did you login as
user "1000"?>>

I do not know where that user came from. I did all those actions logged on
as tom.

I can now get into my wiki, however in the index where playground, wiki and
My_folder are listed, it says Show Page. Same with my 2 branch levels and
then when I click on the file it says show pagesource (before I could edit
as this level, just not above).

Sorrythis is still ongoing :-( Have a good weekend yourself.

Regards,

Tom.