[dokuwiki] Re: Cannot edit pages, only says Show Page

  • From: Kite <kite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:05:12 -0800

sports tg wrote:
Thnaks Martin & Werner.

Sorry for the delay, I appreciate the mail.

    Besides, "chmod 750 dokuwiki/data" sets the rights of the
    directory, not
    for the contents of the directory. You have to enter "chmod -R 750
    dokuwiki/data" to have the rights given recursively.

I tried this but still can't get into my wiki at all now.

You need to set 770 on directories and 750 on files -- you MUST have the Execute bit on directories to be able to read them (ie, to see the files in the folder).

I used a script from the Dokuwiki wiki that uses the unix find command to pass all the folder names to chmod and then all the files to a different chmod so you don't need the recursive -R

Kite
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx